Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Days with Eli









Since both Adam and Annika are in school all day, I have lots of one-on-one time with Eli. He cracks me up daily with the things he comes up with. His favorite activity is to jump on the tramp so everyday he says, "Mom, the tramp is waiting." One day when it was raining hard he said, "Mom, lets go jump on the tramp." I said, "Eli, its raining." He said, "No Mom, its only raining on the house, not on the tramp." I chuckled. Another morning it snowed a thin blanket on the ground and later melted. When Eli went out and saw that the snow had melted he came stomping back in and cursed me for melting the snow. I calmly explained to him where the snow comes from and that the sun melts it. He finally accepted the truth, Mom doesn't control the snow. So I laughed when I found this:
4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE ~ That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.
Eli and I love being together everyday. We jump, play, interact with the animals, and explore our land together. It is so much fun being a Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree,Itis fun being a mom - why just the other day....I'd think its fun being Eli's mom especially - what a stud! Love you.

Crazy Lees said...

Hello Thomas family!
Hope all is well! Love the pictures! Looks so lovely!
Miss you! Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

So, Thanksgiving is two months into deep history and we're anxious to hear updated news. What is winter like in heaven?