Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mothers of Preschoolers



I joined a community organization here called, "MOPS," which stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. This is a nationwide organization run by local chapters. I was introduced to this program from the other moms in my ward. They are also involved in this group. There are only 3 other LDS moms in addition to myself that live in this area so we have a unique opportunity to meet other moms from all different religious or cultural backgrounds. MOPS mission statement is: "MOPS EXISTS TO ENCOURAGE, EQUIP, AND DEVELOP EVERY MOTHER OF PRESCHOOLERS TO REALIZE HER POTENTIAL AS A WOMAN, MOTHER, AND LEADER IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST." It is held once a month at the Church of Christ building. All the moms meet together to socialize and every month there is a different agenda. Last month, we talked about cooking and demonstrated recipes and then made a "take-n-bake" Lasagna. While the moms are meeting there are classes with teachers held for the kids according to their age (0-5). Then there is a playgroup also held once a month, where we go to a park or to the the local community center's gym and let the kids run and play. It has been a great experience to be involved in this group. I also joined the Steering Committee, which plans the meetings. I am over "Publicity," which means I am in charge of writing the newsletter every month. I even got to travel to Osage Beach for a leadership training meeting, which is a very pretty part of Missouri.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Dad said he tried to comment yesterday on your blog and he said it only went to your email address. So I am going to try sending this and see where it goes. I like all your new pictures and your comments on them. Eli is a cute and fun kid. I'm glad you are doing the Mothers of Preschoolers and that you got Richelle interested in it also. We are so excited to come to see you in your new surroundings. Love ya loads, Mom