Sunday, August 26, 2007

Moved Out

I wish I had a bunch of pictures of the empty house in Orem, but suffice it to say that we have officially moved out. Heck we don't even have a key to the place anymore. I want to thank all of you who were so helpful to us in the moving time. That includes those of you who watched our children to those of you who helped us clean to those of you who risked life and limb to get that huge trailer loaded. We could not have done it without you.

Currently we are staying with Stacy's folks for a couple of days. We have a couple of things to do on Monday, like close on the Orem house and then we will be leaving for Milo first thing in the AM on Tuesday. the enthusiasm about out new adventure has never dimmed. The kids are very excited to get on with things too. We will really miss Utah and all of the people that we really care about. Utah will always be home for Stacy and I.

Besides people there are a few things that I will really miss about living in Utah. One is the chance to fish in the mountain streams that I really love. The streams and Rivers in MO are just not as fast and do not flow like they do here. Good stream fishing for trout is at least a couple of hours drive from where we live. Another thing is just having big mountains nearby. Missouri, from what I have seen, in spite of all of it's natural beauty just does not have these huge, majestic mountains along with the vistas and the snow capped peaks. I will miss the mountains of the West. They have become my good friends and I love them. The third thing that I will miss is the opportunity to see a lot of BYU football in the fall. It is ironic that we land in MO just one day before BYU football season begins. That all by itself is enough to make me goofy. I am hoping to see 5 or maybe 6 games this year if I am lucky. All of you who know me know that I am completely serious about this little "no Cougar football" issue. I am hoping that I will stay busy with Farm, Family and adjusting that I will not have too much time to miss these other things that I love.

Well, that is my too bits for today. I hope that each of you knows how much you mean to us. We are all excited for what lies ahead but will carry with us wonderful memories of you who are such a great part of our lives.

Chris

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a home AND yard! Thanks for remembering us. I feel so bad we didn't get over to bring you cinnamon rolls before you left. You had gone. Sorry, hope all goes well for you and your little family. You are missed already, but we wish you the very best.

Sorry we weren't around in Orem very long while you lived here. I did enjoy Visit Teaching you though. We did miss Chris's lessons in Gospel Doctrine Class, heard we really missed out on them.

Our best to you and yours,
Vella Perkins and Keith

Jenny said...

hope you guys had a safe drive! can't wait to hear more about your adventure in missouri!

Jenny said...

ps - we miss you!

Billie said...

Chris, this post made me cry. I am likeing stalking your blog. I hope things are going well.
Billie